I was extremely inspired by the Spinach, Strawberry and Goat Cheese Salad recipe I found on: nestandsparkle.com..but today didn’t have all the exact ingredients to make it as they suggested, so here is my spin on it as an alternative
Spinach, Strawberry Salad
- Fresh spinach and / or salad greens, about 2 cups per person
- Fresh sliced strawberries, about 5-6 medium berries per person
- Crumbled feta cheese, 1-2 tablespoons per person
- Toasted pumpkin seeds, 1-2 tablespoons per person
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- Fresh ground pepper
– Organic Natural Yoghurt, Squeeze of half a lemon, pepper & salt to taste
Original recipe suggests spring onions, but I am not a fan of onions in my salad, but this is an option for those that prefer it.
Pile the greens on a plate, top with strawberries, sprinkle on cheese, pumpkin seeds, herbs and pepper and drizzle on the salad dressing.
This is a perfect summer dish!