I have been making this recipe for as long as I can remember. Although, it had been a while since I made it until a couple of weeks ago, I took out my old Step-By-Step Family Circle recipe book and made this cake with my youngest son Aidan.
Aidan and I spent many hours cooking in the kitchen a couple of weeks ago and I am loving spending this time with him. We fit really well together in the kitchen, both loving our food and being of service to others and pouring much love in our food preparation. He has actually helped me to appreciate and love cooking all over again.
So I will stop babbling now and actually share this recipe with you…This is how I bake it
CARDAMOM APPLE CAKE
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 55 minutes
Makes one 20cm round cake
- 2 Green Apples, peeled & cored(4 if small apples)
- ¼ cup soft brown sugar
- 150g Organic Butter
- ¾ cup soft brown sugar or raw sugar
- 2 free range eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp organic vanilla essence
- 2 cups of Organic self-raising flour or Wholemeal self-raising flour
- 2 tsp ground cardamom
- ½ cup of Light Lactose free milk or Organic Milk
Preheat oven to 180 degrees
Spray a 20cm round cake tin with olive oil spray or brush with melted butter Line tin with grease paper
1. Slice one apple in thin rings and finely chop the other one Place rings of apple in the base of cake tin, over lapping each piece Sprinkle with ¼ of brown sugar.
2. Using electric mixer beat melted organic butter & soft brown sugar or raw sugar in bowl until light and creamy. Add eggs gradually, beating thoroughly after each addition Add organic vanilla essence, beating until all combined Add Chopped apple and fold in with a metal spoon.
3. Using a metal spoon, fold in the sifted organic or wholemeal flour and cardamom Alternately fold in milk until just combined and the mixture is almost smooth.
Spoon mixture into prepared tin; smoothing surface
Bake for 55 minutes or until for comes out clean when inserted in centre of cake.
Leave cake in tin for 20 minutes before turning onto wire rack to cool
And..VOILA! You have a beautiful dessert which can be served with ice-cream or cream or an appetising afternoon delight with tea
Very light and tasty!
Give it a go and let me know how you like it